WELCOME

Welcome to my blog regarding divorce transitions! WINGS stands for Women In Need of God's Services. In times of uncertainty during divorce transitions, women need God more than ever.

Isaiah 40:31:

But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with WINGS like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

Welcome and God Bless.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Words of Inspiration

When I become discouraged in life or with my marriage, I always turn to the Bible for words of inspiration. As I said before, for those who do not believe the way I do that is fine. I am not trying to convert you to any Christian belief, however, if you find peace in the words that I am going to share with you, know that it is only God that has provided me with the words.

In the Bible, 2Kings 13:4 states, " Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage." Honor is defined by Webster as "one whose worth brings respect or fame." We know that we should respect each other in marriage. Unfortunately,  it is not always that easy. I just have to remember that marriage is a lot of work! It is not one sided, and it is really hard to always be honorable in marriage.

Just this morning, I acted dishonorably towards my husband and I immediately corrected my mistake. I have a tendency to say things before I think, and I am working on that. We actually were discussing finances and I was quick to jump and say something negative towards my husband. He was quick to shut down, and then I realized that I had acted dishonorably towards him.

How often do we get angry about something, and just blurt it out without thinking? Well, I had to let him know that I was wrong. My husband is a good man, and it took me a while to see the goodness in him because I was so concentrated on myself and what I felt he had done to me.

Remember me talking in the previous post about self? Well, self got in the way again. I was thinking only of my thoughts and concerns, not thinking of how my words would affect my husband. Self, I believe, is the largest contributor to the end of marriages. It leads to selfishness, which denotes someone only thinking of themselves and not others. 

It is my opinion that  our SELF- Silly Egos Lacking Forgiveness- causes us to act in ways that we wouldn't normally if we could just get SELF out of the way. How much more peaceful would our lives be with our spouses if we tried to practice that every day? Putting our spouses first- wow what a concept! However, this is a mutual journey! We can't do it alone. Often times we feel imprisoned by the problems within our marriage, but we are not alone. Let me know what your thoughts are on these words of Inspiration:

Psalm 24:32- "The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help be encouraged. For the Lord hears the cries of the needy; he does not despise his imprisoned people".

May you have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment