WELCOME

Welcome to my blog regarding divorce transitions! WINGS stands for Women In Need of God's Services. In times of uncertainty during divorce transitions, women need God more than ever.

Isaiah 40:31:

But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with WINGS like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

Welcome and God Bless.

Friday, December 9, 2011

A Cry for Help

I entitled this "A Cry for Help" because of my son. I don't think that we realize sometimes what parental fighting and arguing does to children. When I think of an event where my husband and I were fighting (in front of my son), it makes me sick to my stomach to know how deeply he felt each hurtful word that we spoke to one another- not to him, but to one another. He felt it- so deeply. As I recall slamming the door behind me, angry for no real reason, but trying to make a point, I remember looking at my son's face and the sound of such pain escaping from his body. It is a cry that I will never forget. What are we doing to our children? It is a cry for help. He cried in such pain , in such fear that his mother and father would break up, that we didn't love each other, and  that we would divorce. What a burden to lay upon a child! I saw it in his face, in his tears, and in his essence. He wanted to feel that his parents would be there for each other, but also for him. He was right to question it. We had not shown each other the love and support that we should have. We fought everyday about trivial things. But, how God shows us our errors,our flaws and our mistakes is so profound! I saw the tears of my child, and thought I had to change my way of expressing my feelings to my husband. I loved him, I was just angry because I needed help around the house, and I felt unappreciated. Yet I really wasn't angry at him. One word led to another word, and left my SON in tears. How selfish of me to put my needs over my son! That is what happens! Children are caught in between the fighting and bickering. They are crying, not just for us to stop fighting, but for help. Help to stop the pain, help to stop the fear and to continue loving one another as God has intended for us to. Something to think about....


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment